Senator is the Card division of ECB, and is a brand that was founded over 20 years ago. At Senator, our goal is to offer specialized services to our cardholders and in turn build long-term relationships with them.
At Senator, creating good customer relations is a vital part of our business strategy.
Our managers and staff are well versed in the Card Business and understand the needs of our cardholders. They are therefore able to provide utmost confidentiality, as well as deliver timely, practical and constructive solutions to our cardholders.
At Senator, we listen to our customers and work tirelessly to create a more rewarding and unforgettable card usage experience to all our clientele.
We also offer you the best of both worlds: VISA and MasterCard.
For more information, please call our Customer Service Representatives on 020 4981500 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an internationally accepted debit card attached to your current account with ECB and allows you to spend money that you already have without worry of overspending or credit. Application for the card is done during the account opening process and no additional documents are required.
Please visit our branches for more information.
ECB is also an acquiring bank. Acquiring supports card issuance and usage by enabling business outlets (Merchants) to accept credit, debit and prepaid cards for purchases.
In 2007 the bank started processing online real-time transactions through acquisition of Point of Sale (POS) Terminals which were land line dependant and later upgraded to GPRS (wireless) POS terminals. This has facilitated card acceptance as more merchants are now able to accept card payments without the need of a land line.
Cards Accepted On Our Terminal
The ECB POS terminals accept the following range of cards:
- MasterCard both locally and internationally issued
- Visa both locally and internationally issued
- Cards with the Kenswitch logo
Senator Visa Standard / Senator MasterCard Standard
Features & Benefits:
- A choice between a Visa or MasterCard
- Internationally accepted in over 200 countries
- Up to 50 day interest free repayment period
- ATM cash withdrawal at ECB Branches and ATM’s or any ATM displaying the Kenswitch, Visa or MasterCard logo
- Zero lost card liability upon reporting the card lost
- Free monthly e-statement
- Free SMS & email alerts for all transactions on your card
- 24 hour Customer Call Center
- Access to Senator Educare for payment of school fees
- Access to Senator Smart Shopper to pay for retail good in installments
- Access to Senator Easy-Pay for annual fee payments like gym, golf club, society & professional body membership
Senator Visa Gold / Senator MasterCard Gold
Features & Benefits:
- All the benefits of a Senator Visa Standard or MasterCard Standard card
- Free entry to Duty Free Lounge*
- Free emergency assistance
- Travel insurance*
* Terms and conditions apply
Senator Corporate Lodge Card
Features and Benefits
- Internationally accepted MasterCard
- One stop shopping for all travel arrangements i.e. ticketing, accommodation and car hire
- Free monthly statement with the option of E-statements
- Up to 50 day credit free period
- SMS & email alerts
- A choice of 2 currencies i.e. US Dollar & Kenya Shilling
Senator Corporate Card
Features and Benefits
- All the benefits of a Senator Standard or MasterCard Standard card
- Card Payments can only be made in full
- The card can be in either Kenya Shillings or Dollars
Personal Application Documents
- Duly completed Credit Card Application form
- Original & copy of National ID/Passport
- 3 months certified bank statements
- 3 months latest pay slips
- Proof of regular & qualifying income will be a requirement
- Original & copy of PIN certificate
- A copy of Business Regulation certificate for the self employed
- Latest audited /draft accounts for the self employed
- Latest Utility bill
- One colour passport size photo
Corporate Application Documents
- Original & copy of ID/Passport of each Director plus applicant
- One color passport size photographs of the applicant
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Income Tax Personal Identification Number (PIN) Certificate of the Company
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Latest two years audited accounts.
- Certified Bank Statements for the last six months.
- Latest utility Bill of the Company
- Latest annual returns to company registrar
- Board resolution and company guarantee for the facility
- Completed application form
Please contact us for more information.